Enjoy my site and leave a comment if you like what you see!

Whale You be Mine?

I am having SO much fun playing with the new stamps from the Stampin' Up! Spring mini catalog! I wish I could spend more time with all these wonderful stamps every day. Unfortunately, my full-time job gets in the way....

When I saw the Oh, Whale! stamp set I knew I had to have it. What would the stamp set be without the Oh, Wave! jumbo wheel? Had to have that, too! Then, there is the Happy Whale Clearlits Die, what's a girl to do without that? No fishing card would be complete without the Cloudy Day Textured Impressions embossing folder. Had to get them all. When used together they formed the perfect fishing valentine card!





I used Island Indigo cardstock as the base. Trimmed the next layer with Daffodil Delight followed by Whisper White with clouds in the sky and waves rolled on to bottom. The center design is Island Indigo topped with four lovely squares of Sunshine & Sprinkles designer series paper. Next is a Daffodil Delight circle that shows off the wonderful blue whale spouting hearts for all. I used the Modern Label punch to set the sentiment, Whale you be mine? And, last but not least, I just had to add some cute little fishes to the water. Aren't they just so cute? You can find them on the Happy Whale Clearlits die.

I hope you have enjoyed this Whale of a card as much as I enjoyed putting it together. I know a special little boy who loves to fish who will be receiving it for Valentine's Day.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will come back again and take a peek at another creation.

Donna


RECIPE

Stamps: Oh, Whale! #129129 wood and #129132 clear
Paper: Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP
Ink: Island Indigo, Real Red
Accessories: Happy Whale Clearlits Die, Cloudy Day embossing folder, Modern Label punch, Circle Punch, Big Shot, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment